Vision - Mission - Objectives
To be the main European point of reference for engineering education, research and innovation and their integration supporting sustainable societal development and economic growth that will strengthen Europe’s competitive position in the world.
- To serve as a close network and platform for mutual learning of universities of technology committed to excellent quality in engineering education and learning, research and innovation;
- To contribute proactively to European developments by conducting a permanent dialogue with and influencing European institutions and stakeholders on the basis of forward-looking consensual positions of CESAER members;
- To inspire reflections and policy decisions of stakeholders at European and national level as regards the role of higher engineering education, research and innovation in the modern knowledge-based societies;
- To foster public understanding of the role of engineering in societal and economic development considering the principles of sustainable development.
CESAER members orient themselves towards the following objectives:
- To promote excellence in engineering education and lifelong learning integrated with research and innovation in the knowledge triangle;
- To support research-based engineering education and learning that prepares students for addressing complex problems on a sound basis of disciplinary fundamentals and the ability to work in interdisciplinary and intersectoral teams also in intercultural environments;
- To promote advances at the frontiers of engineering research while covering the spectrum from basic research to applied research and technological development and demonstration;
- To increase the awareness of engineering graduates of the specific needs and opportunities of the future development of European industry and society and to make them conscious of their social responsibility for technologies contributing to competitiveness, quality of life, sustainable development, and the solutions of grand societal challenges;
- To stimulate cooperation and sharing of best practice among European universities of technology towards strengthening Europe as an attractive location for excellent and relevant research in international environments and for advanced education and enriched learning;
- To provide excellent research infrastructures and promote them also as meeting places for cooperation with industry and other national and international innovation actors;
- To work with industry and other societal actors towards strengthening innovation in Europe and to develop advanced approaches for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth and global competitiveness utilizing also the potential of open innovation approaches.